Sunday, September 9, 2007

September 9, 2007 - Pepper Boy

You can all start calling Cale "Pepper Boy" if you want. Somehow today he got ahold of a big container of pepper, got the top off and then dumped it on himself, on his arms and hands and then in his eye. Oh, and all over the floor. What a mess! He was quite uncomfortable until I washed it all out of his eye. Surprisingly though he never sneezed.
It was fun today playing volleyball with a bunch of our dorm kids. I haven't played in so long and I loved every minute of it. Then tonight , the little kids had soccer and then we watched the highschool kids play soccer. They have 5 teams here that play just for fun every Sunday night. You would think that the ball is glued to their feet the way they maneuver it through crowds of people. They used moves I have never seen before. I can't wait for soccer season to begin so we can watch them play with the Indonesians.
You know, today I was reflecting on the things I like and don't like about Indonesia and I decided to stop before I had really began because I don't want to look at this experience that way. Then I might be tempted to compare what list was longer and dwell on the things I don't like. That only takes my focus off of the whole ministry. I want to accept this as one big experience, not just a list of things I am having a hard time getting used to. God can help me overlook those things or just help me get used to them. But I will tell you , spending time with these dorm kids really helps me forget about the things I don't like. They are definitely not on my list.
We had a pleasant surprise today. We got a phone call here from 2 girls that were in our youth group back in WI. We were able to talk to each other for about 12 minutes. I won't mention their names because they failed to ask their parents permission first, and I don't want to get them in trouble!!!!!
Wait till they get that phone bill!?!
The Indonesian meal that I made with some dorm kids turned out good. I was happily surprised.
Tomorrow will be crazy for us. We have so much to do to get ready for our trip to Vanemo on Tuesday, so I need to go to bed.
Love to all,
Rachel

No comments: