Monday, September 24, 2007

September 24, 2007 - Connected!

We have internet again. I am learning to not take so many things for granted. It is so nice to talk to you guys every day. I really missed it.
Yesterday we took a bunch of the dorm kids out on the town to do some shopping. How fun. We found a nice little trinket store that had every kind of ash tray you could imagine right by the baby sippy cups and the toy cars, drums, vases, and squishy balls. We did go to the toy store and yes, I did take pictures. Now that the internet is up Garth can post them.
Sunday night was my first High School girls Bible Study. It was a really nice group of girls, about 12, and we had a great time together. I asked them what was their favorite fairytale. We talked about what happily ever after means to them, and what hopes and dreams they have for themselves for the future. And then we talked about what it means to have a true faith. How do you live that out. They are very open to talk and will have a lot to teach me.
I took Emma to the clinic today for her cough. She just can't seem to get rid of it. They told her she has something called ronchi ( I don't know if I spelled that right). But it means she is getting liquid in her lungs. So she is on one form of medicine and if she isn't better by Thursday she will go on something stronger. She doesn't seem sick except for the cough. It hasn't slowed her down at all.
My back is feeling better every day. I can bend and lift carefully, and the Doctor said that I can start walking and excersising again.
Thank you for praying.
Garth is standing here waiting to post the pictures so I am going to end.
Love to you all
Rachel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you lots. Miss you guys and pray for you everyday. Thanks for all your updates. I think Garth should keep his big hair, it makes him even taller! Verse for you guys:

He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.
Deut 32:4