Tuesday, September 25, 2007

September 25, 2007 - English Muffins

Today I learned how to make English Muffins. Ibu Poppi makes the most splendid English muffins and I asked her to show me how. It is most certainly not as difficult as I thought. If anyone would care for the recipe just let me know.
I apologize for the delay in getting pictures on the blog. The internet is not being friendly toward Garth in that regard. He has been trying in vain to get them on and will continue to do so, but the connection has been so amazingly slow, it just hasn't allowed him to post them. So one day you will wake up and be surprised that the pictures are on.
Garth figured out the gas station here. It is quite confusing. There are pumps for cars and pumps for motorcycles. We of course were in the wrong one. You have to pay the man ahead of time and then he fills up the tank for you. One thing we have noticed here is that when you are driving, if you catch another drivers' eye and smile they ALWAYS give you a huge smile back. Even if you are stuck in massive traffic, they smile.
The Muslims are having a holy holiday right now (Idul Fitri), through till the 11th of October. They fast until dinner. Then the 12th and 13th they feast. So when we are out we are to show respect by not eating in their shops or giving Cale snacks during their fasting time. We are told that we need to stock up on staples now because everything will be gone during feasting and all shops closed. So on Thursday we are planning a big shopping trip to Abepura. My friend Jodi said that she would watch Cale so it will kind of be like a "date," just Garth and me! I have been to a lot of places on dates but never to an Indonesian meat market. First time for everything.
I want to thank everyone for the emails and once our system starts working better I will answer them. My back is doing better. The doctor said let my pain be my guide as to what I can do. So I have been able to pick up and hold Cale with no pain (I have so missed doing that), I can bend and lift and I started up walking my laps today-so it is all good!!!! Emma is about the same. She feels fine, and is taking the medicine, but still does have the cough. I will keep you informed.
Ya'll take care now,
Rach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Question: Why are we showing respects for a religion of hate and a religion that has vowed death to Israel and America? Just asking...