Monday, September 24, 2007

September 24, 2007 - We're back

No, we did not vanish off the face of the earth, and no, I did not go into a relapse, and no, we didn’t hop on Garth’s motorcycle and ride to a far off island paradise, like Bali…or whatever else you may have been thinking. We are all fine. We just lost our internet connection and were told it has to do with the system in Hong Kong. So we have been patiently waiting. Even now I am typing this in Word in hopes that the system will come back on so I can send it.
Friday was crazy for Garth. We went to the all school chapel in the morning because our dorm kids were in skits, then Garth took 2 dorm kids to the airport to fly to Wamena to see their parents, (had to wait for 7 goats to cross the road on his way home), had lunch, took 2 other dorm kids to the airport to meet their parents and go to Australia to get their visas renewed, came home right when his motorcycle was being delivered, changed, had dinner and then went to the gym for the volleyball games. Speaking of which, the boys team never got to play. During warm up an Indonesian guy spiked, came down on the net, and broke it. Bummer! It gave us all a chance to go outside and notice the moon. Absolutely amazing. It was huge and so close to us with an enormous ring around it. Garth says, “In Wi. a ring around the moon means it is going to snow.” Emma says, “It’s going to snow? Great!” Sophie says, “Mom, is the moon like a drink?” And I just stood there in astonishment thinking, “My Dad would love to see this!”
Today we went out on the town. Ibu Poppi needed some cheese and Garth needed a helmet. He got one with his bike but it is too small. I told him maybe if he cut his hair it would fit! J In case you don’t know you can vote on that decision on our blog. I don’t mind it long or short, so let us know what you think. We took some dorm kids and hit 3 different stores looking for keju (cheese). I found out one store, Aneka Mas, has a great upstairs that looks much like a toy store. I was so impressed. Our kids love it. They haven’t seen toys like that in awhile. They had so much fun. We didn’t have much time so we told them we will go back and let them pick something out next time. There was a whole room of stuffed animals…You should have seen Sophie’s face. We will take the camera when we go back..
We got a package from my Mom and sister!!!!! We opened it up and Sophie reached for the stuffed animal, Wyatt reached for the Incredibles movie, and Emma and I just started bawling when we saw the letter from Carlena. Being away from you all is SO hard. My heart just aches for you. It will be such blessed fun to see you again. I can’t wait!
You are so loved and missed and prayed for. Thanks for caring about us. It means a lot.
Bedtime for me. I will fall asleep listening to steady rhythm of raindrops falling all around.
Love,
Rachel

No comments: