Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September 19, 2007 - Up and at 'em!

I am feeling a bit better. Thank you to everyone back home that was praying and offering advice and to everyone here that made me stay in bed. The muscle relaxers are actually working this time and I have been able to relax and not keep my back so tense. It is such a relief to not have constant pain. I have been faithfully doing my excersises and I know that that helps. I am told that I will always have to be a bit careful when it comes to my back as I have a greater chance of doing this again now. I have still been spending quite a bit of time in bed, my system is not what it used to be. I am quite tired and worn out by the littlest of things. But everyday I make progress. I have been finding useful ways of spending my time, from reading every magazine I could find, old and new, to watching the checuck in our room (gross, didn't know he was there until I had to lay around all day!), to writing cards for all the dorm kids of what I appreciate about them, to working on my Bible study lesson for the Sunday night girls group, to hanging out talking with the dorm kids that come to visit, (YEAH),making up games with my kids, reading books, and last night some friends let us borrow their portable DVD player so I could watch a movie in bed. So Garth and I watched Fever Pitch-the only hang up was that the power kept going off and then you have to wait for it to go back on and then find your place...but that was fun. It has been quite a while since Garth and I watched a movie together.
GARTH GOT HIS LICENSE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first thing he did was go down to Multi-Jaya and buy diapers. Way to celebrate!
No, he celebrated at the pool. Today was a half day of school so Garth put Cale down for a nap here with me and then took most of the dorm kids, our kids and some extra kids to the pool for a couple of hours. They had a great time. The dorm kids are already giving us the list of where they need to go and when-now that we have wheels. Pak Fillipus, who is in charge of getting licenses-brought my paper copy in for me to sign in bed. And as I looked at it I noticed that there was a big plop of checuk poop right on my face in the picture. Only in Indonesia. Oh, well. I do not have my license as I think it will be a while before I am up to driving on these bumpy roads.
O.k. here is my Sophie story. I was laying in bed when everyone was eating dinner and Sophie came in my room crying. So I reached out to hug her and she said, "Mommy, are you going to be sick forever?" And I thought, "Oh, my poor dear. This has been harder on her than I thought." So I said, "No, Soph, Mommy is going to get better." And she says, "Oh good, cuz Daddy is making me eat the potato soup!"
On the other side of the "I care about you"coin is Emma. I woke up this morning and felt the hot water bottle on my back. Garth said she got up and put it in the microwave and then snuck in to put it on my back to help me feel better. She is a sweetie. And Wyatt has been making me cards. Cale has been so sweet, laying in bed with me, looking at magazines.
O.K. I just wanted you all to know that I didn't forget about you. I just haven't been able to sit, and shouldn't be sitting now. I am ready for bed. But I will leave you with some verses that I have been thinking about a lot lately. In Psalms 37:1-7-I love the first few words of each verse, cuz it is how I try to live my life. The words are: "Don't worry or be jealous, Trust in the Lord, and do good, Delight yourself in the Lord, Commit your ways to the Lord, Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him, and refrain from anger." There is a lot more in there that you should read. It's good stuff.
I need to go.
Thanks for your support and prayers,
Love
Rachel

No comments: