Sunday, September 2, 2007

September 2, 2007 - Any Teachers?

The kids are BACK!!!!! And they had a great time, snorkeling and camping out. They are tired, sunburnt and starving. Good thing I was clued in that they would be starving so we had plenty of food ready and waiting. We are glad to have them home and get back into our routine.
It is a nice lazy Sunday today-we were just playing doubles ping-pong (that was fun), and listening to music, now the kids are doing homework, Wyatt and Garth are playing a dirt biking game, Cale is sleeping and the girls are playing Sweetie (Donald, do you want to play?) So I have a chance to get caught up on my e-mails. The picture on our blog of Cale dressed like a girl is an example of what happens when I let Emma babysit Cale while I am playing ping-pong... I can just hear my Dad now... : ) Ha, Ha!
Today in church during communion, Sophie in her not so quiet voice, says to me, "Mom, can I have two??" I whispered quietly, "NO' and she says equally loud, "Then can I have yours?"I always hear snickers from the people around us-she's a funny one.
I am sending out a plea to all the teachers we know. Emma's teacher, Mrs. McIlroy, is pregnant and due in Feb. And I was just informed that they do not have anyone lined up to teach. She will teach through December and then is going to move to Bali until the baby comes. So, I asked the school principal what will happen after the Christmas break and she said that they might have to cancel 2nd grade and have the kids do homeschooling unless they get a teacher. If there is ANYONE out there that would like a great teaching adventure for a couple of months please let us know and we will hook you up.
Tonight is soccer so I should go.
Happy Labor Day!
Love,
Rachel

No comments: