Wednesday, September 26, 2007

September 26, 2007 - Storms

Today Garth and I were out on the motorcycle just driving around when an Indonesian guy on a motorcycle came up along side us and tapped Garth on the arm and made a gesture with his hand. we both thought he was asking for money, which was odd. Why would he ask us for money while we are driving? But we soon figured out that he was telling Garth that his turn signal was on. Now we know what that hand gesture means.
Things I have learned:
1. That my girls can hold "it" for a really long time when the only bathroom is a squat pot
2. What it feels like to have a chechuk crawl up your arm, or in Garth's case, your leg
3. How fun it can be to have a motorcycle
4. If you think you saw something move out of the corner of your eye, you did
5. Just because it doesn't look like rain or smell like rain doesn't mean it won't rain
6. The internet is very unpredictable
7. There is no road rage in Indonesia
8. There is no such thing as driving lanes-don't worry, Mom!
9. It's ok to buy fish out of a bucket on the back of someone's motorcycle
10. It's ok to buy pork out of a burlap bag
11. Don't put your hand in any cabinets or drawers unless you look first
12. Always turn the light on at night-that's when critters come out
13. Check your bed before you get in
14. If you can't see Cale he is probably doing something he shouldn't
15. Check your toothbrush BEFORE you use it
16. Be flexible!

Cale, everytime he hears thunder,will run and bury his face in my chest and wait for my arms to go around him and tell him it is ok. Well, today it was not enough that I had my arms around him, he wanted my face next to his and he had his hand on my cheek and he wanted to know that I was not moving. I love it. It is so sweet and endearing. The whole time I was thinking about my relationship with God. How the Bible says that "God is our refuge and strength. A help in time of trouble." I love that He is always there for me, ready to put His arms around me, willing to let me put my hand on His cheek, letting me know that He is not moving. He is here for me. How sweet is that?! What a great God we have!
Sweet dreams-
Love you all,
Rachel

No comments: