Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 8, 2007 - Balloon Head

I keep being reminded that God cares about the little things as well as the big. This morning we were running behind in our plans to see my Aunt and Uncle off at the airport ( I won’t go into details as to why except to say that it had something to do with Garth and the “library”). Well, we got to the airport and they were already through security and I didn’t know how to find them. I was walking around but they weren’t anywhere. Then we “happened” to see a man that we know that speaks English and he helped us get through security and took us right over to where they were! That was a blessing! I would have been so disappointed if I didn’t say good-bye.
We had our Friday night game on Thursday because the High School has a big event going on on Friday. So, tonight when we were watching the soccer games, there was a huge kick and one of our players headed the ball. It was cool and I said, “Sophie, did you see that?” And she says, “Mom, I can totally do that with a balloon!” Like it was no big deal. Funny girl.
Wyatt either sprained or broke his big toe last week jumping down from the playground. He however, is such a fast healer that he is doing much better and can get his shoe on and was even trying to play soccer by kicking with his other foot. He used crutches for a day or two but now is hobbling around on his own.
Tomorrow is a big day for me. I am substitute teaching for the Kindergarten class. Sophie has clued me in to who is the trouble maker and what that girl will try to get away with. I am really looking forward to teaching. I asked Garth to come in for 15 minutes and read “Bear Snores On.” That is such a great book, and he does the best sound effects.
Please pray for a little girl here named Lily-she is in first grade and I think 6 years old. The other day she had a seizure and our doctor treated her, but felt like they should take her to Australia for further testing. The family did and just found out that she has a tumor at the stem of her brain. Pray that they are comforted and that the doctors know what to do from here.
I need to go get my sleep so I am bright and alert for the Kindergarteners!
Love to all-Rachel

No comments: