Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18, 2007 - Village Ride

Tomorrow is going to be quite different than my normal Monday: no Indonesian class, no P.E. class to teach, no wild motorcycle rides around Sentani…(just kidding, Mom.) Garth has a great opportunity to go interior into a village with a friend of ours, Jason Olver . He will get to see firsthand what it would be like to live in a tribal village. They will leave tomorrow morning and come back Tuesday night. I will be here for the first time without him. I think I will throw a party and all of you are invited!!!! YEAH! Wouldn’t that be fun? Anyways, I am glad that Garth can do this. He will take lots of pictures I am sure. Also, tomorrow I need to take Wyatt to the clinic to have a mole removed. It is at the bottom of the front of his neck, right in the middle and it looks very suspicious. I noticed it on Saturday and had a nurse look at it today. He was told it needed to be removed, and that they have an instrument that looks kind of like a hole punch and they use it to take off the mole. If that description was supposed to ease his mind at all, it didn’t. He says he is not scared, but I know he is nervous. Emma’s white blood cell count is still up: it was a +3, now it is a +2. She is still on antibiotics and Tuesday morning I need to take her back into the clinic to get checked again.
We did have a party today-Cale’s. It went very well. I am just like my Mother in that I always over plan the food, and wonder if there will be enough and there always is. We had quite the strange menu-Mie Goreng, chicken nuggets, watermelon and cantaloupe, carrots and cucumbers, and pasta salad and then I made 2 cakes and Emma made one. We had a puppy cake and a kitty cake and a sprinkle cake (Emma’s). Cale wanted to eat the tennis ball that I made for the puppy. He had fun opening his presents. I didn’t know if he would get what to do, but he sure did. He even blew out his own candles. We had the whole dorm 16 (– two are gone in Wamena), the 6 of us, the 5 Olvers, and the 4 Price’s. So it was a pretty full house.
I am going to go help Garth pack.
Love you-Rach

No comments: