Friday, November 2, 2007

November 2, 2007 - Family

I HAVE FAMILY HERE!!!!! You don’t even know how much that encourages me!!!!! It has been so wonderful having my Aunt Carol, Uncle Russ and my cousin Randy here. Nine years ago they were here as missionaries with the same organization, MAF, that we are with. My Uncle is a pilot and will be flying in Aceh, an area that was badly damaged three years ago when the tsunami hit. My Aunt Carol will be helping ladies there learn how to cook and sew. Randy is going to work as a mechanic there also. We have been having a great time getting caught up, looking at pictures, hanging out, playing ping-pong, racquetball, sharing recipes etc. God knew I needed this to help me feel energized. Tomorrow we are taking them to the beach-our new favorite place.
My family sent a bunch of stuff with my Aunt and Uncle-what a treat that was, outfits, candy, jello, balls for Cale, music for the girls, a fun Look and Find game for Wyatt and everyone else (that they made-you should see it! It is amazing). Like Christmas in November.
We took a bunch of the little kids here trick-or-treating on Wednesday. Garth will try to post pictures on the blog. Cale was a sumo wrestler, Emma and Sophie were movie stars and Wyatt was a Cubs player. Eating the candy has actually been a surprise since we can’t tell by the wrapper what we are getting, we can’t read most of the words, so you just try it and hope for the best.
Today we had a Fun Festival after school full of booths and games (and more candy). In one booth you could pay a ticket for a bucket of water to be dumped on whoever you chose. Of course Garth got wet, I did too, but not quite as bad as he was. The kids had a wonderful time at the dunk tank, bean bag toss, flipper walk, cake walk etc.
Pray for the dorm to be healthy. Right now strep throat is going around the dorm and three kids have it. I know you do pray for us and that encourages me too.
Love you all,
Rachel

No comments: