Wednesday, November 28, 2007

November 28, 2007 - Milk or Glue?

I have something gross to say, so if you are feeling squeamish you shouldn’t read this. And if you haven’t had breakfast yet, skip to the next paragraph. Today I went to smack a chechuck with Cale’s shoe, and accidentally hit it too hard and shot some of it on my cheek. I am not sure what part of it I got on my cheek, but it was absolutely disgusting. Oh, I could have thrown up if there wasn’t a bathroom nearby to wash it off immediately.
On to something new. How about a funny Sophie story. The other day Wyatt and Emma said, ”Let’s play house.” Sophie says, “YEAH!!!! I’ll be the monkey.” Mom, Dad, and the monkey….
Today was great fun for me because we put up the Christmas decorations. I am HUGE into Christmas. We always go out the day after Thanksgiving to a tree farm and chop down our own tree and bring it home to decorate. I love the real tree smell and getting sap on my fingers…then we pick a night and let the kids stay up late and we watch a Christmas movie-usually White Christmas because it is one of our favorites, pop some popcorn, put a fire in the fireplace, and then we all sleep out under the tree with the lights on. It is such a fun time. Needless to say things will be quite different here. We do have a tree, it isn’t real, but we have a tree. We bought a package of 200 lights for $15.00-amazing, huh? The lights that were here for us to use, don’t work. I was trying them out in the outlet when I got shocked. It left a nice burn mark on my arm. So those all went in the trash. Tonight after dinner, we decorated the tree with the dorm kids. I bought an Indonesian CD of Christmas songs and had that playing. It looks really nice to have some holiday things up here. I even found some cinnamon sticks at a store and some apple juice so I am going to simmer them on the stove for a nice holiday smell.
Oh, if you come to visit us, don’t let Garth make the milk. He came in the bedroom the other morning when I was still in bed, and asked me how many scoops of powder you need for a pitcher of milk, so I told him. Later when I went out Ibu Poppi called me to the fridge and asked me with a quizzical look on her face, what was in the pitcher. I told her Pak Garth made susu (milk). I called Garth in and asked him what container he got the milk powder out of. He pointed to the container of flour. Flour!!!! Granted they are by each other on the counter, but they look totally different. He had accidentally made a pitcher of glue. Good thing no one used it.
Tomorrow my husband turns one year older. Is it older and wiser or older and wilder? Maybe wackier? Or Wierder? He is great and I am so thankful for him, but you must admit, he is a bit crazy, goofy, wacky, silly…need I go on?:) I am so glad to be able to spend more time with him. It has been nice. Garth is even helping me potty train Cale. He is winning. Cale has gone on the toilet more times for him than for me. I know, you don’t need to know all about Cale’s bathroom habits. Ha Ha. Speaking of habits, I have a habit of going to bed every night about now, so I must close.
Love you all,
Rachel

No comments: