Sunday, November 25, 2007

November 24, 2007 - Little Girls and Dolly

Yesterday when I was walking out of the grocery store there was a little girl crying on the steps with her Dad and Grandma. I went over to her to offer her a smile and the Grandma took my hand and put it on the little girl. She wanted me to touch her becasue she thought I could make it all better. So I rubbed the girl's back and talked to her in English and she calmed down and stopped crying. The Grandma was so pleased. I thought about what a sweet act that was. The Grandma thought I had something special in me that I could give to her granddaughter, and I did-Jesus. I was showing her in a small way the love of Jesus.
Today when Cale and I were walking there was a house at the bottom of our driveway with a bunch of kids playing on the porch and one of them had a ball. So I stopped to let Cale see. Of course the minute he saw the ball he wanted to go over to play so I told him he could. We had a great time. One of the ladies goes to a University and is studying English, so I was able to talk to her. Her name is Dolly.
The kids kept running into the house to bring out more balls for Cale.
He was trying to carry all 4 at once. It was a great opportunity for us, and I will go there again and try to build a friendship with those ladies.
Garth had fun this morning while we were gone playing racquetball with
2 of the ladies that work at the school. No one got hurt and they are all still friends. YEAH!
Well, our internet is down so we are up in the computer lab. I am so thankful that we can still get online and talk to all of you. I am thankful for a lot of things. Thankful that God picked us to go to Indonesia, thankful for how well the kids are adjusting, for the beautiful mountains I get to see each day, thankful for how many people are interested in our adventure here-Mrs. Hynan, Tammy from Panera-Mike and Linda across the street. .. I am so thankful for each e-mail I get, for all of the prayers for our safety and health, thankful for my family and for what God is teaching us every day here.
I could go on and on, but there is a class coming up here in 2 minutes so I have to get off.
But before I go I want you to know that I am thankful for all of you.
You guys are great. I love knowing that you care about us. So thanks.
Love,
Rachel

No comments: