Monday, November 5, 2007

November 4, 2007 - He is all we need

The beach was so fun!! It was different than it usually is. For some reason there were a lot of people there-a Youth Group and a group of Indonesians that are learning English. Plus the tide was in so far that the beach was covered. Russ and Carol and Randy took us down the beach to see what used to be their favorite spot. It was beautiful.
There is a tree out over the water with branches that you can climb and jump off of. They all got fried-we actually didn't. I am trying different suncreens and some of us wore shirts this time to protect us more from the sun, so that worked out great.
Garth and I taught the Kids Church program today. It was just like old times. I love doing that with Garth. He does such a great job explaining Bible stories in simple ways so the little kids can understand. And I love doing songs and motions and teaching Bible verses. We had 18 kids from ages 4 to 9. Garth talked about how God gave the commandment that we are to have no other "gods" but HIM.
There are a lot of other things that can get our time and focus and distract us from even thinking about God. Sometimes it takes a disaster or someone getting sick to make us think about God, but He desires for us to have a relationship with Him beyond that. He loves us, He died for us and provided us with a way to have a relationship with Him. He simply waits for us to realize that all the other things we are seeking for in the world will never fill the emptiness that we have inside. It can only be filled by Him. He is all we need. I took Him with me here to Indonesia. I think that is why I am ok here-I am being taken care of - just like I was in Wisconsin. God didn't forget about me because I moved. God is here with me, giving me all I need to get through these crazy days of new experiences, and encouraging me through other people. Like you guys, and my family.
Carol was a big help yesterday when we got home from the beach. We were working on getting dinner ready and out, when the power decided to go out for quite some time. She sure knows her way around the kitchen and before I knew it we had the meal done. I found a store here that has chicken nuggets, so we had those for dinner. YUM! One store, the new big one we showed you pictures of, just got Haagen-Das and Baskin Robbins ice cream. Tiny little half of half pint size containers for about $9.00 but they sure look good. Strange flavors like Green Tea...Maybe some time we will try them.
I need to go.
Love you all-I am dreaming of fall leaves and bonfires and sweatshirts...
Rachel

No comments: