Tuesday, November 27, 2007

November 26, 2007 - Deja Vu

Do you ever have Déjà vu? I have had it twice since we got here. That is the weirdest feeling. The first time I had déjà vu when I was in one of the dorm girls rooms and she was getting something out of her closet, and the other time was when we were parked on the side of the road with Jason and Jodi waiting to go to the beach. How could I dream about a place I have never been before I have been there? God knew where I would end up and slipped little glimpses of it into my dreams. How cool is that?
Today was wacky hair day for the kids. I found bright pink hair spray so they were quite colorful. Yesterday we did our dorm Thanksgiving. It turned out great. I was nervous about making all that food, so I am so glad that it turned out. Our menu was probably very similar to yours. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, green bean casserole, jell-o, rolls, cranberry sauce, applesauce, macaroni salad, then for dessert we had 2 different apple pies and a fudge cake. It was a wonderful time for us as a dorm. I told the kids that before we eat back home we all hold hands, and my Grandpa leads us in a song that says, “ Thank you Lord for saving my soul. Thank you Lord, for making me whole. Thank you Lord, for giving to me. Thy great salvation so rich and free.” I, of course, couldn’t sing it because I was crying. I was crying because I was thinking about how special that song is, and about how many times we have sung it all together as a family, holding hands, and now we are clear across the world sharing this moment with a whole new “family”. Then we went around the table and prayed, telling God what we are thankful for. Then we ate and ate. It was so yummy, and really brought us together as a dorm. I am always amazed at the time difference of how long it takes to make a meal like that compared to how long it takes to eat it. J Every last bite was savored.
Speaking of food, I need to go work on dinner-homemade potato soup, turkey noodle soup and homemade bread.
Love you all,Rachel

No comments: