Thursday, November 22, 2007

November 22, 2007 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I was interviewed for Indonesian TV! We don't actually have a TV so I will never see it, but still it was fun! Cale and Emma and I were out walking when I saw a bunch of Indonesians with TV cameras standing around and I asked if any of them spoke English, and one of them did. So I asked him what was going on and he told me they were doing a piece on why the government should not cut down the trees in the land around the cemetary by the school. He asked my opinion and I told him, I liked the trees and he asked if he could interview us and I said yes. One of the questions he asked me was why, and I mentioned that I knew that God created those trees and I enjoy seeing them everyday when I walk. It was fun-what a hoot it would be to see us on Indonesain TV. At the end Cale took the microphone and said "Terima kasi." Thank you. They were laughing.
Sophie and Garth went on a date today. First they went on a bike ride and then they went to a store with tables and chairs and got a soda.
During this sweet tender moment, Sophie proceeded to inform Garth, that when her family was all dead she would play basketball.
Emma today on our walk, was looking up at the clouds with me and saw one that she said looked like a wadded up piece of paper that got wet. Wyatt had a great time at his friend Krestin's house today after school. They are good friends and I am glad they have each other.
Next week the kids have Spirit week, each day they get to dress up as something different. Monday is crazy hair day, Tuesday is History day, Wednesday is sports day, Thursday is Twin day, and Friday is disguise day.
I just got done making Sophie's Indian costume for history day. Emma wants to be a pilgrim girl. We will take lots of pictures. Not sure what Wyatt will do.
I found out today that the lady that was ordering turkeys forgot to order ours. She laughed and said that she must have been doing something else when I called with my order and blamed it on old age.
I am trying real hard not to be upset about it. We are going to have Thanksgiving on Sunday now without a turkey. I am trying to think of ways to still make it special for the kids. We were all real excited about the prospect of a turkey, but we will still have mashed potatoes and rolls and I found 2 cans of cranberry sauce, I haven't been able to find corn, but I am still looking. And I think I am going to make an apple pie because one store here had a few granny smith apples the other day so I grabbed them.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!! Wish I was there-eat some turkey for me.
Love you all,
Rachel

No comments: