Monday, October 29, 2007

October 29, 2007 - Updates

Sophie solved a riddle today. Anyone that knows Cale knows that he doesn't go anywhere without a ball in his hand. Today, Sophie figured out why . She was helping me feed Cale and she said, "Cale, I know why you like balls so much! It is because your eyes are balls!" Ha.
We spent part of today trying to get the guest house ready for my Aunt Carol, Uncle Russ and my cousin Randy that were going to come tomorrow morning. We stocked up their fridge and I made 2 kinds of muffins and a BIG batch of chocolate chip cookies (We will treat you the same way if you want to come...) and then today when I was out walking I got the news from a man named Clarence that Russ and Carol are stuck in Jakarta and couldn't get a flight so they will not be here until Wednesday morning. Bummer! But they are getting closer-I can't wait!!!!!!
Cale is talking much more now. He can say many of his body parts, and repeats most of the words we say to him. He knows all of the dorm kids names and remembers who is who. He loves walking with me in the afternoons and sits quite contentedly in the stroller while I push him up and down the hills. It is a perfect setting for him since there are so many airplanes that go over us while we walk. He will point and yell, "Passowat!" (Airplane).
Emma is getting quite tall and lean-she keeps looking more and more grown-up. She is growing her bangs out and that makes her look older.
She is doing very well in Math and Spelling, in fact her teacher has started giving Emma extra spelling words every week to keep her challenged.
Wyatt is doing very well in school especially in art and Indonesian.
He has really started to fill out, and get muscles where he used to just have skinny arms. I am not ready for him to be so grown-up!
Sophie's curly hair is finally started to grow and now she loves to have it in braids and ponytails. Her teacher told me that she is a
hoot in class-(we of course already knew that.) She loves to perform
for anyone that will watch, and is definitely not shy.
Garth has decided, against the vote, not to cut his hair-for now. It is quite long, puffy and curly AND VERY HOT! But he doesn't seem to mind it. He has been enjoying the racquetball courts and is thankful that there is someone here that he can play.
I have been walking a couple of days a week with some friends. It is fun to have adult conversation and excersise at the same time. The days seem to be getting hotter lately, but I have realized I can't use that as an excuse to be lazy.
But now, I need to go be lazy for awhile and get some sleep.
Love to all-Rachel

No comments: