Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 16, 2007 - Super Powers

Sophie informed me yesterday that she has super powers (because she didn’t think I knew). “Mom, I have super powers, the scitch slide, the run scitch, and the super slide, but I can’t show you right now cuz I don’t have the right shoes on.” Today she thought she saw a wolf, but there are no wolves here so I am not sure what she saw. She also decided that she would run around the world , and she wanted me to say “GO.” So I did but she only got as far as the living room before she got distracted. When I noticed that she stopped I asked her why she wasn’t running and she said that she decided she needed someone to go with her so she would do it later.
Cale had a fun ride yesterday. One of our Indonesian gardeners was out on the riding lawnmower and of course, Cale wanted to be out there watching him. Well, our pembantu Agu picked him up to take him closer and the Indonesian stopped and motioned for Cale to come over to his lap. So Agu put him on the man’s lap and he took off to cut the grass with Cale. We took quite a few pictures so hopefully one will make it to the blog sight. Cale was very content just riding around saying “Hi Mom” and waving as he came close to me.
We don’t have internet right now so I am writing this with hope that tomorrow it will be working and we can send this.
There is a missionary lady that is in charge of organizing Thanksgiving dinner for those of us that will be here. Apparently there will be 68 of us, but it doesn’t look like we will have turkey. We can pre-order chicken breasts by the kilo, and we will have mashed potatoes and veggies and rolls. It will be different, but we can easily make it work. It is strange to be thinking about Thanksgiving when it is so hot out. Mom keeps talking about the leaves changing and the cooler weather, and a fire in the fireplace…that sounds nice.

1 comment:

Orie & Cyndi said...

Orie and I read your blogs often and enjoy them soo much.

Glad to hear that you are doing so great!

We're praying for all of you.

God Bless!

In His Service,
Orie & Cyndi Goudge