Friday, October 5, 2007

October 4, 2007 - Bread and Escalators

I had so much fun today. One of the ladies here wanted to know how to make bread, so we had a bread making party. We made rolls, buns, stromboli, pans of cinnamon rolls and loaf bread. THANK YOU MOM for teaching me how to make bread. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know how to do that. It comes in SO handy. I made two huge pans of cinnamon rolls for the dorm, thinking they would be for breakfast, but one pan was consumed right away, so ....I guess they liked them. That's good. My MOM is the queen of cinnamon rolls and sticky buns. Ask her for the recipe some time if you are ever in the mood to make them. In fact, Mom, if you want to send me your sticky bun recipe I will see if we can get the ingredients here.
Lynne, a lady that was in training with us in Idaho is here, so yesterday we took her out to see the town. That was so fun. It feels like a long time ago that that was us, new here, and checking everything out for the first time. We took Lynne to Multi-Jaya, our old store, and then we took her to Hypermarket, the new store. It is amazing the difference. Our pembantu, Poppi, refuses to go to the new store because she is scared to death of the escalator. I told her I would go with her and hold her arm, but she said no, that her heart can't take it. One of our other pembantu's went and wiped out trying to get on the escalator. Many of them have never seen anything like that before.
We are at the halfway point from when we got here and when my family will be here to visit. So I must say that it has gone quickly. And it is so fun to have something to look forward to. Speaking of family
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y M O M !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I was there to hug you, but hopefully your day is special, just like you. Love you tonz. Have fun. Try to relax.( Ya right)
I must go,
Rachel

No comments: