Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October 24, 2007 - Routine

Life here is falling into a predictable routine. There are things I deliberately do everyday in the kitchen to keep in contact with the pembantu's and help me with my Indonesian. I enjoy working with them and am learning new words everyday. Cale continues to be the highlight of their day-they LOVE him. Garth and I need to figure out what to do with Cale during our Indonesian class. He always starts off on the couch with us repeating words but he is soon off and running and we take turns retrieving him. We have tried snacks and toys...but he just wants to run and explore-he always finds water somewhere and ends up wet. Our teacher has 5 young kids of his own so he is wonderful about it. Tonight when I gave Cale his juice he said "Tremina kasi." On his own he said "Thank you" to me in Indonesian.
Progress.
I had some precious time with Wyatt today. He decided to walk with me, which meant I got a detailed report of how he is doing here while we did laps. He is making some great friends and his teacher says she really enjoys having him in class-that he is a very helpful leader.
Sunday night socceer is one of the highlights of the week for him. He is happy but decided that he needed to write to his Grammo and worked on that tonight.
Thankfully Garth was able to post pictures on our blog spot. YEAH!!!!
Pray for San Diego-the terrible fires and all the people evacuated.
Pray for Don's shoulder (Garth's Dad)-he is recovering from surgery, and for patience for us with adjustments we still have.Thanks.
Love,
Rachel

No comments: