Monday, January 27, 2020

Wyatt is Sick

Sending your kids back to America is hard but it is even harder if they get back and get really sick. That is the case with Wyatt. He started feeling bad the last leg of his trip and soon progressed quickly toward awful. We thought at first that he had malaria but now feel like it is dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever because everything hurts so bad you feel like all your bones are broken. Horrible aches and pains, fever, chills, low energy etc. Praise the Lord there is a family taking care of him. I don't know what we would do without them. What a blessing! Thank you Jesus for the way You take care of Your children. It has been really hard for me to be all the way over here and hear about how miserable he feels, but I know that he is God's kid, and God loves him even more than me. So I can trust Him in this. Wow. Talk about a faith stretching time, though. I hope I don't just let God stretch me in hard times. I hope I don't just trust Him when I am going through something difficult. I love the way He cares for us. Think about it. He is concerned about my little boy all the way over in Oregon, and He hears all of your prayers for his healing and He will work it all out in His timing according to His great plan. How cool is that? I have been reading through Romans and in Chapter 15 verse 13 it says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." He gives me hope. He wants to give you hope. Not just a little bit but enough to make us overflow. That is pretty awesome.
So I would appreciate your prayers for Wyatt as he recovers from this. Once he starts feeling better, he still has to be careful. If he does too much too quick he will have a relapse. He feels the need to get back to work, but working a ten hour day after an illness like this will put him right back in bed. Pray that he has the chance to rest and that he makes good choices as he heals. 
Thanks you guys for caring.
Love
Rachel

No comments: