Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Update #16

Hey everyone. Thank you for praying for Wyatt. He seems to be doing much better. We greatly appreciate all of you that prayed for him. Thank you so much. 
He was able to sign on today for the scholarship he was given to play soccer and attend Blue Mountain Community College. WOoHOo!! SO exciting! He is part of the Wolfpack- the Timber Wolves and will begin this new adventure in the fall. Pray that God will use his gifts and talents for His glory.
We have had a house full of guests this past weekend and continue to do our best in this new role. 

Today we are chaperoning the A Girls and A Boys Basketball teams. They have an away game about 1 hr. away. Garth is driving and I am cheering (and providing healthy snacks. Haha.) This is the only away game they have so everyone is pretty excited. It is always an interesting experience. You never know if the teams will show up, if the games will be on time, and if the power will stay on for the whole game. Haha. I will take pictures for you.
These are pictures of our mountain today as I walked up to school. So mysterious and shrouded with clouds.


I am working hard at knowing what to say yes to and what to say no to. I told the kids that I would volunteer for their events, and things for their class since I have more time than I would if we were running the dorm. So I am busy helping out with Cale's drama and food for banquets etc. I have also started going through everything in the Hostel to decide what we will keep, give away, sell, and leave. I feel like I can only do that for so long because it makes me sad. So I work on it a little bit each day.  You know, we first came to Papua in 2007 when Sophie was starting Kindergarten, and now she is about to graduate from High School. This is our life, our home. How do you pack that up? How do you sell those special things? We thought that MAF would provide a crate for us to take things back but since we are considered short termers we don't get a crate. That drastically limits what we can take. I am trying to prioritize what is really important to us and just pack those things. Pray for us. I don't really know how to do this, but I want to do it well. I want to be at a good healthy place as I deal with all these emotions so that I can help the rest of the family do it too. Keep praying!
Thanks for being a part of our lives. We sure do love you guys.
Love,
Rachel

No comments: