Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update

I wanted to give you an update on my health. I did get some test results back today, but they were not very helpful. I had four tests done and they contradicted themselves. So in the end we did not learn much from them. I did, however, send them to a doctor in the States that used to be a doctor here. She looked at them and seemed to think that I have typhoid. We are in the midst of consulting her as to what made her come to that conclusion and then we will decide what to do. It was suggested of me to go to Timika (a 45 minute flight from here) to have another ultrasound done and an IVP test on my kidneys, but after contacting Timika’s clinics I was told that the main radiologist is not there now and the on-call doctor only reads ultrasounds on pregnant people. They also informed me that they can not do IVP tests. So as of now I will not be going there. On Friday I did have an ultrasound done here at one of our hospitals but that was not helpful either. One radiologist said that he saw a growth on my uterus that was 6 cm long. But he wasn’t sure, so he called in another guy, who after much consternation came to the conclusion that I was fine. He said that the anatomy of a Westerner is just real different from the anatomy of an Indonesian.
So, my request of you is that you pray that we have wisdom in knowing what to do. I know all this seems so crazy. This whole ordeal keeps reminding me that I am not in America. Yet, I am well aware that I am in God’s hands, and that is reassuring. I am sure that it all sounds worse to you than it really is. I mean, how sick can I be if I am stomping on beetles…? Did you get that email?
Love you all
Rachel

1 comment:

jo said...

We are praying for you sweets! Please keep the updates coming. Wish we were closer. Big stinky group hug from cousin E.