Sunday, May 10, 2009

Roller Derby and Mothers

Saturday- When was the last time you put on a pair of roller skates? My sister and I used to ride on ours in our basement and whip around the poles. We made up all sorts of games - yeah, I am sure you did too. Today we got in on some of that excitement. Garth and I hosted a Roller Derby for the kids here complete with a chicken song, Father Abraham, and the limbo. We even had some adults joining in and some kids from an Indonesian hostel came to try this "new" thing. There were multitudes of falls, some even bounced, but all in all it was a wonderful way to renew a "treasure from the past."
Sunday- Garth spoke today in church about how God likes to take ordinary people and have them do extraordinary things. It was really good. Do you ever feel ordinary? Or insignificant? Take that feeling and throw it out the window. You are significant to me and more people than you know. You can do magnificent things even if you are ordinary. That doesn't matter. So be encouraged. You are one hot cookie! (That's a good thing!)
I must say HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of the wonderful, (almost perfect) creatures out there in the world called Mothers. You all are astounding! Thank you for ALL that you do for all of us! We love and appreciate you. And for the days when you are wondering why you do all that you do, remember this: Don't give up! Your kids are worth it! I woke up to a glass of fresh picked flowers and breakfast in bed, along with homemade cards and lots of hugs and two new pairs of earrings and a new necklace. What a lucky lady I am!
I hope your day is full of lots of little goodies, because you are very special!
Love you
Rachel

No comments: