Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Monday in Jakarta

I am in Jakarta to try to find out answers to why I have been having reoccurring problems with my stomach and kidney, abdomen area. We have spent the day at the hospital and now are staying with an Indonesian family. It was a very long day. I have a lot if interesting stories to tell you about today, but it is so late and I need to get this out. So this is the short version-The radiologist said that she saw a growth on my uterus that was 3 cm, a myoma, that is a benign tumor. She saw evidence of an infection still, probably bladder, and saw a kidney stone 1.8 cm. The internist ran some blood work and urine samples and said that my leukocyte levels were still high, looked at the ultrasounds and thought it was a myoma, and agreed that i have cystitis-an infection. The ob/gyn said that he saw no myoma, but that the wall of my (? I think uterus) was thick, he said it might be a sign of endometriosis. He did an ultrasound on my abdomen and a pelvic exam and said that it looks like my bladder is prolapsed and causing a change in my uretha and that is why I keep getting Urinary tract infections. He said that the infection is also the reason for the kidney stone, and that the infection has started to spread up into my kidneys. He said he can do surgery tomorrow to try and reattach the bladder but that this could be a chronic problem and it may happen again. He said if we don't do the surgery I may keep on getting infections that may turn into more kidney stones. we have to decide on the surgery very soon-if I am NOT having the surgery I need to be at the hospital tomorrow at 8 otherwise I need to be there at noon for the surgery.
Please pray for clear wisdom and direction. I sent this information to my doctors in the States and I am praying that they can send back some quick advice. Love you all
Rachel

No comments: