Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hellooooooooooooooooooo!

Busy, busy day up here on HIS hill. Today was the Junior/ Senior Banquet. What a fun event full of so much excitement. The Junior class did an amazing job of decorating and planning the whole event. They put up a huge tent outside and had the theme of an African Safari. I will send pictures because there is no way I can describe how beautiful it was. They had lots of candles and white Christmas lights and timed it so they were able to see the sunset behind the mountains…doesn’t it sound dreamy? It was. I remember my Junior/Senior Banquet was at the Pfister in Milwaukee-very nice! And the singing group that my sister was in sang to us. It was very special!
Friday Night we had a big Youth Event here in the tennis courts with one of our bands leading the worship and Garth gave a message. It was an outreach event for the Indonesians in the area especially those involved in a program called TITTIP. That is a schooling opportunity where 16 Indonesians have the chance to participate each year. They stay in a hostel and are taught English. This helps them immensely and provides them with a real opportunity to get a better job after. When we had that Indonesian man named Harild stay with us last month, he was from that program. The music was amazing and the whole night really blessed my soul.
An update on my situation-Garth and I are going to Jakarta on Monday. That is a seven hour flight and there we have appointments to see a few doctors and try to figure out what has been going on with my stomach, kidneys etc.
The kids will all stay here. There is a family that has offered to stay at the hostel and help out while we are gone. I told the pembantus and they all agreed to be here while we are gone and not skip out like some are prone to do.
Pray that the kids do well with us being gone and that I am able to get everything done quickly and efficiently. We will be staying in the guest room of an Indonesian family near the hospital and are planning on returning early Thursday morning.
Don’t worry, I will keep you posted.
Love you all-
Rachel

No comments: