Monday, May 4, 2009

Today

We were all split up today. The kids at school, Garth and Cale here and I was with my friend Mary in Jayapura to have some tests done. I have still been having some troubles with my stomach so I went to have some blood work done and some urine tests as well. It was an adventure for sure. The drive to the hospital is at least an hour on very windy roads. Some of the roadways are getting washed away from the torrential rains. So that made it more interesting. Once we got there we had to wait and then an older man dressed in a military uniform called my name to draw my blood. The needle was sterile, (we made sure of that), but he did not wear any gloves and was not at all concerned about touching my blood. Then I was given a small vile for my urine sample. That was an ordeal to perform over a squat pot with at least an inch of water all over the floor. I won’t say more. We were supposed to have an ultrasound done but there was no one in radiology that could do ultrasounds today, so we came home. I will get the results next week Tuesday or Wednesday, so I will let you know what they say.
How was your day? Did you do anything new? It is good to try new things, even uncomfortable things like my day had. It stretches you, and I feel SSSSSTTTTRRRREEEEEETTTTTCCCCHHHHHEEEDDDD!
Wyatt has been asking for jobs to do so he could save up his money for a guitar. I knew of a friend that was leaving and wanted to get rid of her guitar. She offered it to Wyatt. So yesterday we did a fun scavenger hunt with the kids and the end prize was this guitar for him. He was elated!!! So now, the three of them, Wyatt, Emma and Sophie have started a band. They have been making up the best songs and putting on hourly concerts. How fun to see this talent grow!!!!
Well, I love you all. Hopefully you all received our newsletter this week. If you didn’t and would like to, please let me know and I will send you one.
Love
Rachel

1 comment:

jo said...

How fun!!! Praying for your stomach relief and waiting on the first release of the kids CD....