Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I am going to speed type. We have not had internet for awhile, and right this instant we do have it. I want to say hi while I can. These past few days have been a whirlwind as things always are when they are coming to an end. The kids are done with school on Thursday and then we have graduation. There have been lots of final tests, and parties and snacks, running kids here and there-organizing good-byes etc. We have had problems with our cook Poppi not showing up and that always affects my day in a HUGE way since there in no one else to cook except me. Thankfully, she showed up today-so I had some extra time.
We got back from Jakarta on Thursday and on Friday we had our vision flight with MAF. The organization that we came here with pays for each new couple to take a flight into a village so you can get a sense of what work is going on around you and can see the big picture. That was such an amazing thing for us. Garth was able to go on three flights and I went on one. The pilot, Clarence has been with MAF for 15 years and this was going to be his last flight since he is leaving and going back to Canada. The fact that we were able to fly with him for his very last flights makes it all the more special. The whole experience was so wonderful. The village I went to was Nongmay and the villagers were so excited to see us and all wanted their picture taken. They wanted to shake our hands and touch us. The kids have such beautiful eyes, and love to smile. Clarence asked me if I wanted to fly the plane????? Of course I said yes. There I was, up above the clouds, flying high, above it all. That was something I will always remember.
Saturday was a fun flag football game with Garth and Wyatt in the morning and a bonfire with hot dogs and marshmallows with the dorm at night. Sunday was a good time of hanging out with friends that will be leaving. Monday was the start of finals-yuck! It was one of the dorm kids birthdays so we had a nice party for him last night along with a staff appreciation dinner where we got to play Staff Jeopardy. Time is moving quickly toward the end. That is always exciting for the kids, but sad as there are sooooooooo many leaving that we may never see again.
Wyatt and his band performed a concert for all the parents today. They know one song, “Redeemer.” Wyatt was on the bass and I must say, I was very impressed. I need to go work on dinner. I sure hope you are able to get this. Enjoy your day. See if you can catch a sunset this week-ours lately have been full of bright oranges and pinks.
Love you all
Rachel

No comments: