Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Ode To Jakarta

We are home!!!!! Yahoo! Exhausted but here. Thanks you for praying. Instead of yielding to my frustration in my summary of our time, I thought I would throw some humor in there in the style of a rhyme.

An Ode to My Time in Jakarta

Our time in Jakarta is almost done,
And I must say that it was lots of fun.
Once there we grabbed the first taxi we saw,
But we didn’t know he was breaking the law.
In our politeness we both tried not to moan,
As he delivered us safely to a beautiful home.
Those Indonesians welcomed us in
And treated us just like one of the kin.
We went popping around the hospital like a little toaster.
From one opinion to the next like a roller coaster.
We saw 4 different doctors while we were here
Contradicting each other and raising our fear.
One saying the kidney stone is rather small
One saying there is no stone at all
One seeing a growth 3 cm long
One saying, “No growth – he is wrong!”
One saw a cyst he wanted to cut around
One saying there is no cyst to be found.
They all agreed there’s 2 infections there
Cervical and bladder-what a great pair!
They needed more time for the symptoms to show
So they took some samples to culture and grow.
They said the bladder is prolapsed and we could,
Do surgery now if we thought that we should.
We talked about it and because we didn’t know
We asked you for advice, prayed, and said, “No.”
So what we have now after all of these capers
Is a pile full of strange conflicting papers.
A host of opinions that do not agree
And 2 different medicine to try and cure me.
I appreciate doctors and all that they do
But compared to God, they haven’t a clue.
He’s the Physician that truly can see
The reason things happen and what’s best for me.
I trust him to take this as only He could
And turn it around into something so good.
Life’s stinky sometimes but He’s always there
To help me walk through this when I feel it’s unfair.
His way is beyond me, I can’t understand
But my character growth is part of His plan.
So papers, doctors, opinions galore,
He is the One that I will trust more!

Rachel Erickson

No comments: