Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Beetle

Life Lesson from a Beetle
Friday when I was walking up to the school I noticed a beetle on his back struggling to flip over. I did not help it since it was one of our big beetles and I don’t like them. There are some beetles here that you have to jump on with two feet to kill because of their size. This one was longer than my finger, and I figured it was fine flailing around on its back. Monday when I went up there I noticed it was still trying. Such perseverance! He had actually moved himself closer to a bank of grass. Using the grass he was able to put his head at a slight elevation and use that height to boost himself over. Once he was finally flipped he just sat there for the longest time. I thought he would quickly run away, but I am sure all his energy was used up. I thought about how easily I could stomp on it now killing the victory he had worked so hard to achieve. I thought about how when we feel down, it is easy to let our bad thoughts get to us-“You are not good enough, you are not smart enough, etc.” Those thoughts can just defeat us like a stomped on beetle. But God is right there waiting for us to ask Him for help. He is that grassy bank that can help us flip back over. Instead of spending four days flailing around on our back overcome by our troubles and sorrows, we should go to the grassy bank of God’s great goodness and He can help us get our life back on track.
Love you
Rachel

No comments: