Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saying Good-Bye

Lots of good-byes today.  Lots of packing.  Lots of tears.  Garth sold his motorcycle today.  And we had Graduation.  And now, here I sit at 11:30 at night waiting on the last of our laundry and I am ready to go.  This has been an amazing time.  I could never describe what our time in Indonesia has meant to our family.  Thank you Lord for sending us here!  I know that I have not processed through the fact that we are leaving and not coming back.  We have left here before but we always come back.  I think it will hit me tomorrow at the airport.

So now, this is our plan.  We will leave Sentani tomorrow morning at 9:30 and fly to Bali.  We will be in Bali for a few days and then fly to Idaho to the MAF headquarters.  A few days there for recap, and then we are planning a road trip.  We are going to take the kids to visit family and friends in Washington, drive down the coast of California and do some visiting there as well.  Go to Arizona, Colorado, see the Hoover Dam, the Grand Canyon. And lots of other amazingly beautiful sights that we have never seen as a family.  We are all excited about that.  It will be a perfect wrap up to this chapter of our lives.  In the summers to come, the kids might be involved in sports or camp, but this summer, this time, is for us.  I am thoroughly enjoying every minute of my kids childhood and can’t wait to explore the West coast with them.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008

I need to say goo-dbye and try to sleep.  Thank you for being a part of this journey with us.  God has much more in store for us and I will bring you along.  Stick with us.  Pray for our safety, and that we get through tomorrow.  Also pray for wisdom as we help the kids transition through this difficult time.

Love you

Rachel

 
 

No comments: