Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Our Path

I had a very pleasant surprise on Sunday.  The dorm girls “kidnapped” me, blindfolded me and took me to the mall.  I walked through the mall, up two sets of escalators and over to the salon blindfolded.  That was a bit tricky.  There is this “nice” spa/salon in the mall that doesn’t seem to fit with the rest of Sentani.  One of the Moms of a dorm girl paid to pamper me.  It was very nice.  I had a creambath (a conditioner put on my hair), a neck massage and a pedicure.  The girls also got me a cake with my name on it and some souvenirs.  It was a wonderful gesture of their affection for me.

 
 

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

Yesterday we had a birthday party for one of our dorm boys.  He turned 18.  Today Garth, Cale and I went for a ride around part of Lake Sentani.  We knew it would be the last time we did that.  So it was sad.  God gave us a beautiful clear day for it.  After that we said goodbye to some more of our local friends and went to a choir concert by Emma and Sophie’s classes.  I did get some packing done today and should be able to finish it all tomorrow.  The walls are bare, and some of the rooms are beginning to echo they are so empty.  It is really starting to sink in that this will no longer be our home.  I have been trying to keep busy so that I am not thinking about that fact, but evidence of it is creeping up everywhere.  Pray that Garth and I have wisdom in walking our family down this path.

clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006

clip_image007clip_image008clip_image009clip_image010clip_image011clip_image012

clip_image013clip_image014clip_image015

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I'll be praying for you and your precious family! It's not easy, I cried from SNT all the way to Ujung Pandang, so I really know what you'll be feeling. Follow the footprints Jesus has left for you xx Donna Williams