Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Elbows

Yesterday we had a birthday in the Hostel, Katie’s 16th.  It was great fun to celebrate because Katie’s parents were here visiting over the weekend and brought the Hostel bratwurst and chorizo.  I made some homemade rolls and cooked up the meat with some onions and peppers.  Scrumptious.  It was a nice change from the few meats we have available here.

The kids are all starting to feel the stress of the end of the year finals and all that studying and extra work.  Remember that?  I do.  You want to enjoy your last few day with friends but you have so much school work to do…

Cale and I had a great surprise today.  When we went out to the garden we found a pumpkin growing there.  YEAH!  He was so excited.  Many of the other things we planted didn’t make it but the pumpkins, the marenga trees and the papaya trees are doing great.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

One thing I can’t do right now is wear my wedding ring.  A few months ago I felt a sharp edge and noticed that one of the prongs wasn’t secure so I took it off so nothing would happen to it.  I love having it on because it is an outward sign that I belong to someone.  Now, when we are out, I think what I can do to make sure that the people that see me with Garth know that we are together.  In the same way, what kinds of things am I doing to show others that I belong to Christ?  What outward signs do I display?  What about me makes me stand out from every other person on the street?

On a much different note, Sophie came home from school yesterday saying that in computer class she learned how to do control-alt-delete with her elbows!!  How’s that for talent?  She always keeps me laughing.

A kid in Emma’s class came down with chicken pox on Monday.  None of my kids have had them, and this would certainly not be the ideal time to get them.  Time will tell.

Hope you are all well.  Enjoy your week as much as possible.

Love

Rachel

No comments: