Saturday, May 21, 2011

Little Chicks

Things certainly were accomplished today and that is always a good feeling. We had a community barang sale or yard sale in the gym and tennis courts. It was open to the Indonesian community and all Westerners. Of course I had lots of things that I wanted to get rid of, and this was a great opportunity. I didn’t realize how crazy it would be! There were two Indonesian ladies tugging on a pair of Wyatt’s shoes we were selling, fighting over who would get them, and four Indonesians talking to us at once asking questions, a mad house of people trying to all be in the same place at the same time…but I must say that we got rid of everything and I mean EVERYTHING except for one small bag of Velcro strips. YEAH! One lady there was even selling goats and chickens. You don’t see that every day. I gave our kids each a small amount of money and told them they could look for a book or something small that they could take on our trip. Sophie comes up to me asking if she can “Please buy a little chick?” I said, “No, of course not.” She said, “Mom, you told me to find something that would keep me occupied on the airplane.” Haha. Not exactly what I had in mind. Don’t think we would get it past customs.

clip_image002clip_image004clip_image006

 

Tomorrow Garth is speaking at the Baccalaureate service, and we are having a bit of a party with the dorm kids. After that, I have one goal-to get packed up and ready. Next Saturday at this time we will be in Bali. That is crazy! Emotionally I am ready and not ready at the same time. So conflicting. I looked in Emma’s room today and saw that she had written something on her wall. It said, “I love Papua. Forever. And I didn’t want to leave.” Please pray for them especially. This is the final week of school. They keep saying, “This is the last…Sunday in church, the last soccer game, my last sleepover…” Pray for us all to stay healthy and to be wise on how we spend these last few days.

Thanks

Rachel

No comments: