Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Not much-just a bit of news

I just made peanut butter chocolate fudge brownies. There are two plates of them on the counter but in 20 minutes when the kids come home from school there will just be 2 empty plates on the counter. The kids are like vacuum cleaners.
The dorm this year is better than last year. The kids are more respectful for the most part. There are some situations and dorm kids that are more challenging but we will get through it. We are working on developing good relationships. One girl told us that she already has a family, and doesn’t need us. She said she looks at the hostel more like a hotel-just a place to eat and sleep. So that was like a slap in the face. Please pray that we will know how to deal with her. When to be gentle and when to be strong. She is the one of the most difficult ones here and she likes being that way. She will come right out and ignore us and we tried talking to her about it last week, and she said, ”If I don’t feel like talking I won’t.” She is 16 and needs to realize that there are things you have to do even if you don’t want to.
Our kids are doing fine. Happy and healthy. Sophie lost her first tooth-twice. It fell out of her mouth and as she ran up from the playground, she lost it again-she dropped it in the grass. She looked and looked but never found it. Sophie and Wyatt did a show with their classes in front of the whole school. They did great. Wyatt had a lot to say and there were quite a few songs they memorized. Sophie dressed up like a puppy for one part and looked so cute. I will post pictures on the blog for you.
I was looking for ways to get to know other missionary women here. I am in an awkward spot. The teachers all get together for things and the pilot’s wives, and other groups but I am on the outside of all of those groups and don’t belong to them. So I volunteered to be on the committee to plan the Thanksgiving here. I think that will be something I will enjoy, as long as I don’t get frustrated at all the things we can’t get. I have other ideas too of things I can do. I might have a ladies retreat sometime in the next few months.
Tonight is the last boys volleyball game. Next week starts the volleyball tournament. It would be nice if they won tonight.
Anyways I need to go. The school bell should be ringing anytime now.
Rachel
Oh, our church is having their Missions Conference Oct.17-19 and we made a video for one of their seminars. If anyone is interested in coming please do. It will be very informative.

No comments: