Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Moldy cheese

Sophie is so excited. She has her first loose tooth! Yes, she is 6, but she hasn't lost a tooth yet. I do hear her declare every day that, "This is the day!" However, it is still hanging on. She informed me that it would come out easier if she ate an apple, or some popcorn, or maybe some moldy cheese. Not sure how she got the notion of moldy cheese in her head, and I don't have any, so she will have to stick with apples and popcorn.
I saw some funny T-shirts today and I thought instead of just telling you I would take a picture. So I have them posted on the blog.
Sophie mentioned to me tonight that it was ok for her to go to bed with filthy feet, because she was getting to be Indonesian now. I said, "You still have an American Mom that does not want those feet in a nice, clean bed! Go! Wash."
We are without our main cook, Poppi, today and tomorrow. She had some family thing she needed to go to. And we are still having problems with our other kitchen helper, Yuli. She asked yesterday if she could borrow more money from us...long story...and she was being a grump about the girl we got to work with her while Poppi was gone. Yuli said if it didn't go well with this girl that she was going to leave. She is such a hot head. We have had her fighting with other helpers in our kitchen before. She doesn't know how to control herself. I am not sure if she is a Christian or not, so I am trying to treat her with love no matter how bad of a mood she has been in. And I will tell you, she has been in a bad mood for about a month or two so I am getting tired of it. We have had a lady come in a couple of times to translate for us with Yuli and we ask if she is unhappy, if there is anything wrong, or anything she wants to talk to us about and she keeps telling us no, but this translator thinks that Yuli might leave us soon. That would not be good, but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
Hope you are well and healthy-don't go eating any moldy cheese. My Dad loves blue cheese. He can eat it straight out of the package. Yikes!
Love,
Rachel

No comments: