Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lagoon

This Saturday we went to the beach called Amay.  It was not the trash beach that we went to last time.  In fact this is one of my favorite beaches.  It has a very large fresh water lagoon that flows into the ocean with a soft sandy bottom.  It is so nice to have fresh water to rinse off all the grime and sand of the ocean in.  The waves were quite large there and were knocking me over.  So without even trying I wound up with sand in my suit and thanks to my sunscreen, stuck on my face as well.  It became at times uncomfortable and so after a few dips in the lagoon I felt so refreshed and comfortable again.  You know, life can get grimy and gross at times.  All of our mess ups and mistakes can really make our lives a mess.  But God’s great forgiveness is even more refreshing than the lagoon.  He is there to help make everything clean again.  He will give us a fresh start each time.  I am not saying that we have a free chance to screw up as much as we want and then ask for forgiveness and do it again and again.  That is not the way to live the abundant Christian life.  What I am saying is, when you mess up, don’t walk around carrying that grime, feeling bad and kicking yourself for messing up.  Go to the lagoon.  Go to God.  He is waiting for you and me to make a fresh start.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004

No comments: