Sunday, October 18, 2009

Slow Motion

Today was one of those days where I think I got out on the wrong side of the bed.  This morning I felt like I was doing stuff in slow motion.  It took me forever to get through everything before church.  Then after church I was trying to get lunch on the table for everyone and I spilled a whole pitcher of water.  Then I dropped my bowl of soup into the container of rice.  And now, while I was making dinner, I picked up a cookie sheet that I had JUST taken out of the oven (What was I thinking?) and I burned both of my hands!  The other day I was trying to plug in some bad Indonesian Christmas lights and I got shocked.  So I thought it was because of the way I was holding it… so after I recovered from the shock, I tried again and got shocked even worse-of course it was a 220v plug!  Maybe I killed some essential brain cells with those shocks and that is why I keep having trouble today…

Anyways, we had a nice long weekend.  The kids were all off school on Friday so we did something special and had pizza.  On Saturday, a bunch of the Westerners here got together and had a big Barang sale (Garage sale-except it was in the tennis courts.)  That is so fun for me.  I am such a sucker for books.  I bought a ton of books.  That is about all.  Oh, and a stethoscope.  I love medical stuff as well.  The girls have been taking turns listening to the kitties heartbeats. 

 
 
clip_image001

Well, we happily have internet again.  Yahoo!  Do you want more good news?  My wonderful Niece, Annie slept 7 hours last night!  What a good girl!  I was holding a baby today in church and said to Cale, “Cale, look what I found.”  And he said, “Is it ours now?”  Haha.    Babies are such a blessing.  I am sooo glad we have a new one in our family.

Time to go-

Love you all

Rachel

No comments: