Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today at the Hostel

Today was a big day for the hostel.  We finally got our new stove!  And come to find out, there are two new stoves.  The guy that bought them for us couldn’t get one big one so he bought one sort of large and one small.  That installation took all morning.  It will be so nice when it is finished.  One oven is Indonesian made so the manual was all in Indonesian.  But the other one said “Made in Italy.” And the manual did have some English in it.  So I have been trying to figure it all out so I can teach the dorm kids and the pembantus.  Cale has had a blast playing with the boxes.  I made him a fort and he loves it.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

clip_image004clip_image005

Also today, our internet got fixed.  YEAH!  It hasn’t been working for a few days.  It is such a strange feeling when I have no way to connect with the world.  I am so glad it is working again.

Tomorrow is the last volleyball Games of the season.  The kids are playing against the parents.  I was asked to play since some of the dorm kids are on the teams.  That should be interesting.

Time for bed.

Love you all

Rachel

clip_image006

No comments: