Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Don't Grump It Up!

Hey there! We have had a busy two days at the hostel. Ibu Poppi did not come in both days. Someone in their family died and so she will be gone until at least Thursday. That makes it a bit crazy for me. And hot! I bet it has been awhile since you were hot and sweaty!?! Sophie was praying tonight for Grampo as he works at Grand Geneva putting up the Christmas lights. She prayed that he would not be too hot working outside all day. I don’t think that will be the problem! More like cold, huh, Dad?
Cale made up a story for me today. I wrote it down so that I would remember it.
It went something like this:

“I love you in the morning and if a mean guy shoots you dead.
I love you even when you’re mean, and I don’t like it when I see your finger. “ (He meant my pointer finger extended pointing at him when he does something wrong).
“I don’t love it when I have to go to bed.
I love it when I can watch movies.
I love you but I don’t like you when you grump it up.
Hi, Mom. I’m Cale.”
The End

I do that, too. What he said. I grump it up. Do you do that? I get upset about something or I am in a bad mood and I let it affect everything around me. The whole spaghetti concept. I am not a waffle. I don’t think we should shove our feelings down inside, but I do think that sometimes the things that upset me can be dealt with and then I can move on. Instead of stewing in them and making it a problem that messes up my whole day. I take a beautiful new day that God has given me and (like Cale says) “I grump it up.”
That does not sound like fun, now does it?
Here’s to an ungrumpy day-
Love you
Rachel

1 comment:

jo said...

Now, for some reason I just have a hard time imagining that Rach. You are sunshine through and through. Precious story. Yesterday Ellie prayed to Jesus that her daddy would play a game with her,that mommy would feel good, and "thank you Jesus that when mommy spanked me it didn't hurt."
Hmmmm. splains perhaps the lack of results. :)