Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Smoke and Ice Cream

O.k. Let me tell you about my breakfast. Cale and I were the only ones here. The kids were all at school and Garth was as well since he is in skits this week. So we were sitting at the table eating granola when I heard a noise from over at the computer table. No one was there and all 3 of our 8 month old computers were off. A few moments later a large puff of smoke started to come out of the back of one of the computers along with an awful smell. I quickly called one of the maintenance workers who came by to make sure it wasn’t an electrical problem. Cale thought it was super cool. It seems that, after thorough examination, that computer is dead. It has gigged too many bytes, and been permanently been downloaded.
Sophie brought home some papers from school today. In the pile was a St. Patrick’s Day four leaf clover that she wrote 3 of her wishes on. This is what she wrote: I wish Timber was here (My parents dog that just died). I wish I would be closer to God. I wish Maya and me were sisters. (Maya is her best friend).
The girls and I had a wonderful time on Sunday. We went out on a date and got ice cream and did some fun shopping (according to Sophie food shopping isn’t the fun shopping). It was a real nice time to hang out away from all the hustle and bustle of the dorm and all the kids here and just talk. Speaking of talking, I will be doing a lot of that this weekend, so pray for me. I am speaking on Friday and Saturday to the High School Girls at a weekend retreat.
It is going to be fun. We are going to talk about boys!
Love you all-
Rachel

1 comment:

jo said...

So glad all of your computers didn't die. We love hearing from you and love love a good girls day out!