Sunday, March 1, 2009

Get rid of it!

Today was not my favorite of all days. This week has been a week of bad news from back home, and then this morning a lady that said she would do something for me changed her mind and backed out of it, and then I heard that Cale was being bad in nursery…UGH! I was sitting in church, down because I was thinking about all of this stuff. And I realized that I needed a different perspective on it all. I was looking at each bit of bad news and each bad thing as like these heavy blocks that were being put on top of me. Each thing was a new block and it was getting heavier and heavier. Instead I decided that I need to set them out in front of me and look at each one as it is. You know, all the stuff from back home-former youth group kids getting in trouble, etc. I can’t change those things now by sitting here worrying about them. My Aunt that is in the hospital in a coma, I can’t change her situation by stressing out. The lady that backed out of helping me, that will not change because I feel like being bitter or mad at her about it. Now the Cale situation I can definitely change and I will, believe me. But by looking at them one at a time and figuring out what I can do about them made the weight of it all better. Then one by one I picked up those blocks, prayed about them and then pictured myself giving them to God. And suddenly I felt lighter. Truth be told, God never intended on us struggling under the weight of our problems. He wrote in the Bible for us to “Cast all of our cares on Him, for He careth for you.” His back is so much more stronger than mine. He is ALWAYS there waiting for me to stop trying to fix my own problems. He knows what is going on and already knows the way it will turn out. I know nothing compared to that. I don’t know what you are going through right now, but I do know that you don’t have to struggle under the weight of it. Get rid of it and give it to God. Besides you can’t dance with the fireflies with an 80 pound backpack on, can you?
I love you guys-
Rachel

No comments: