Monday, October 31, 2011

The Girls

Today was a rough day for some in our family.  Garth left at 1 to drive to Wausau for a visitation service. He will be home late tonight. The girls came home from school, each with their own “sadness”.  From reading Culture Shock books and talking to people that have gone through what we are going through I recognize it as part of their adjustment period.  It comes in waves of ups and downs.  The raw emotions of transition don’t hit you all at once.  It comes upon you at different times.  I thought it was interesting that they both picked today.  I was with each of them separately, one took the bus, one rode with me.  They didn’t influence each other’s mood. However, they were both really missing Indo and their friends today.  I know they don’t try to but they compare this world we are coming to know with the world full of all the familiar, and they miss it.

Pray for me to have wisdom in knowing how to help them.

Thanks.

Love you

Rachel

No comments: