Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pointing

I was thinking the other day about when Emma was a little girl.  Whenever we would point to something we wanted her to see she would ALWAYS look at our finger, instead of beyond to what we were pointing at.  Every time.  Then she would get so upset if the item was passed and she missed it.  No matter what we tried she would still look at our finger.  I know that I do that with God.  I am so caught up in what is right in front of me that I miss what God has beyond this moment.  I focus on my troubles, or problems, and don’t look past them to see that God has a great plan and it involves more than just me and my woes.

Well, how funny that life here has been reminding me a lot of Indonesia.  The internet has been going on and off.  We didn’t have a phone for awhile (now we do, with a new number), and then the power went off for about 2 hours on Sunday.  If there is ever real doubt as to where I am, all I have to do is go outside and I am quickly reminded that we are NOT in Indonesia.  Haha.

Today is a very special day.  It is my Mommy’s birthday.  She is such an amazing, wonderful woman and I am so very lucky to have her.  Sophie wanted to know who was older, Grammo or Daddy.  Haha.  If you ask Grammo her age she will say that she is “plenty nine”. Cale was trying to count to see where “plenty nine” was and couldn’t find it.  Happy Day to you Mom.  Hope it is great!!

Love

Rachel

The Birthday Girl!!!!!

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

No comments: