Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Moving Day

Moving Day!!!  Moving Day!!! 

As most of you know, my parents stayed in our home while we were in Indonesia and rented out their home.  They had originally agreed to do it for one year and then it turned into four.  Their generosity has allowed us to keep this home that we love so much.  We were only in it for two years before we left so they have lived here longer than we have.  All of our stuff has been packed up in boxes in the basement this whole time.  So, Saturday my parents moved most of their things over to their home and we started moving our boxes upstairs.  Yesterday and today have been like Christmas for us.  There are so many things in those boxes that we didn’t even remember (like Lincoln Logs).  We are having so much fun!  I used to lay in bed in Indo and dream of this day.  This is the first time we have a home to ourselves in four years.  It will feel so quiet, and strange.

We will be able to go to breakfast in our jammies!!  We will only have six around the table.  We will be on our own schedule.  The kids are excited and bummed at the same time.  It was wonderful to have the dorm kids around, and we LOVED having my parents and their dog.  So it will feel very different.  I know I keep saying this, but our life here is completely opposite of our life there. 

I was thinking about that today at the grocery store.  I keep wanting to separate our food items from our household items on the conveyor belt.  In Indo we had to turn in receipts for those things separate.  It feels wrong to put that stuff up together.  But, I am definitely adjusting better.  I went to Wal-Mart for the first time by myself today and I didn’t feel overwhelmed.  Yeah!  Progress!

Here are some pics:

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003

Love you

Rachel

No comments: