Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Whoever

I was thinking about the verse John 3:16 yesterday.  What if it didn’t say “God so loved the world?”  What if He only loved Africa?  Or just Utah?  And what if it didn’t say “Whoever believes in Him?”  What if instead of “whoever” it had a list?  Those who have no track record of breaking any laws, were respectful to their parents, went to college, no owed debts, and on and on.  My goodness!  The line of people that could get into Heaven would be quite small.  I am so thankful for the “whoever” being in there!

That made me think of something else.  If I really believe that salvation is available to “whoever”, then that means the lady at the checkout of Piggly-Wiggly that is having a bad day.  It means the teacher at school that is sick and could use some soup, or the kid that calls my son “gay” because he is a Christian.

The “whoevers” are all around me.  What am I doing about it?

Rachel

 
 

No comments: