Sunday, January 30, 2011

Racquetball

I am sitting here listening to a wonderful rainstorm falling around me.  Garth and the dorm kids are out at the pool (Not exactly the best place to be during a storm).  Hopefully they will be careful.  Cale is sleeping and Wyatt is doing some soccer stuff.  I noticed that we have our internet back so I thought I would quick write to you.

Getting through this week was better than I had originally thought.  I am so thankful that I feel so healthy right now because I needed all of my strength in the kitchen.  I feel like I lived in there a few days this week.  Haha.  Good thing I love to cook.  Our pembantu that cooks has been sick and has been gone all week so I have been filling in.  I have no idea when she will be back, so we are just taking one day at a time.

The Hostel is getting healthy again.  That makes me happy.  There are quite a few people in the community that are sick with dengue and malaria right now, so please pray for those mosquitoes to find a new place to call home.

One of my favorite ways to get exercise is by playing racquetball with Garth.  We try to get in as many games as we can here because we have no idea if we will be able to play when we get back home to America.  This week when we were playing, I was thinking about something. One part of the game is to get out of the way of your opponent.  If you are in the way it is a hinder and you have to do the play over. There are many, many times that I am in the way and I see Garth winding up to hit the ball, but my face or some other part is in the way, so he holds back and stops the shot.  Yes, my life flashes before my eyes.  (That boy can hit, hard!)  I am always so thankful that he can pull back the shot quickly so I don’t have racquet lines all over my face, or worse. I can clearly see what the results of standing in the wrong place at the wrong time would be.  I can see the consequences.  What if God allowed us to see glimpses of that?  Things like the results of us talking snippy to our husband, or being impatient with our kids, or skipping our quiet time with Him…It would be great to get a glimpse of where those actions lead over time, to see how powerful each action and decision can be.  When I am only thinking about myself, those things don’t matter.  Like in racquetball, when I am only thinking about where I want to stand-that’s when I get hit in the head.  But each poor choice, each bad action does have a consequence.  Even if we can’t see it right away. 

Love you

Rachel

No comments: