Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Emma

Today was such a tough day for Emma.  She woke up mourning the fact that Wyatt was still gone.  She and Sophie are missing him so much.  They have been walking around with his shirts on, and Emma has been wrapped up in his sarong.  Today she didn’t want to do anything but lay around.  I told her it would do her good to find a distraction, so I suggested she help me with something.  The other day one of our penjaga’s (security workers) brought us over three very young kittens.  We didn’t want them but he left them here anyways.  So, Emma has been helping me feed them with a syringe and today I thought she could help me bathe them.  She had picked one that she wanted to keep and named it Flower.  While she was helping me her cat had a seizure-bad-and shortly after that it died.  Can you believe it?  What horrible luck!  That just sent Emma over the edge.  That poor girl!  She has  such a sweet, sensitive heart.  Pray for her, please.  And for me that I am creative and wise in helping her deal with all of this.

Thanks.

Rachel

No comments: