Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Day in the Valley

This is the first week back to school after having a month off for Christmas and New Years.  It is so wonderful to have such a long break, but it sure takes awhile to get back into the routine.  Most of the dorm kids came back on Sunday.  We have two new girls, sisters from New Zealand.  Another girl flew here on Tuesday and another one of our boys got here this morning.  Now the dormers are all here.  We have had some sickness so far with a few missing school on Tuesday.  One boy came here with a broken arm.  He had to go to Singapore to have pins put in, and then instead of putting the pins under the skin, they left them sticking out.  That way he won’t have to travel back to Singapore to have them removed.  Hopefully someone here will be able to pull them out.  So he doesn’t have a real cast on-and it is kind of weird to see the pins poking out of his skin.

I had a rough day on Tuesday….kind of a day spent in the valley instead of on the mountain.  Emma was up during the night numerous times not feeling well, and wound up staying home from school, I woke up with a cold, and had to teach preschool all morning, Another dorm girl, (one of the new ones) is sick with a fever.  I don’t know her well enough yet to know the best way to take care of her.  We also found out that we had to move everything out of the apartment we are using for Preschool that day and have it clean because a new family will be moving in to it.  So that took quite a bit of time.  We need to find a new place to have preschool by Friday.  Then Ibu Poppi asked to borrow money (even though we told her that we are no longer loaning them any money).  When we said no, she got on a motorcycle and left!  UGH!

I was reading later in Psalms 62 verses like:  “My soul finds rest in God alone…”  “He alone is my rock, I will not be shaken…”  “Find rest, O my soul, in God alone, my hope comes from Him.”  “He is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in Him at all times…”  I definitely wasn’t resting in Him.  I had let the problems of my day shake me.  I was all worked up and upset.  God’s peace and rest were there for me if I was just willing to accept it.  This day would pass.  I knew that.  Tomorrow would be a new day.  Verse 8 says to “Pour out your heart to God.”  So I did that.  Then Psalm 63 says “… I earnestly seek You, God-my soul thirsts for You, my body longs for You…”  then “My soul will be satisfied…my souls clings to You…because Your love is better than life.” These problems are not all that life is.  There is so much more available for me when I decide to cling to God instead of these troubles.

Today is a new, much better day.  Thank you Lord for that.

Love you

Rachel

No comments: