Friday, July 2, 2010

The Cabin

We have had an amazing week!!!  Our family all went up north to a cabin that my Grandfather built when my Mom was a little girl.  The cabin has so many wonderful memories for me since it was a part of my childhood as well.  What a treat to take the kids there so they could make memories of their own.

During the day you could find us swimming, hiking, or swinging.  In the evenings fishing, playing games, or enjoying a beach fire.  When the sun went down we looked like a family of monkeys checking each other for ticks.

One of my favorite moments of beauty there is at sunset when the wind dies down and the lake is as still as a mirror and you can see the reflection of all the trees in the water.  I love to sit on the end of the pier and listen to the loon call out, and watch the beaver make a trail behind him in the water and listen to the whippoorwill sing in the trees.

clip_image001clip_image002clip_image003clip_image004clip_image005clip_image006clip_image007clip_image008

The kids are wishing we could reverse time and go back up there.  Interesting they feel that way…there was no internet, no phone, no TV…just God’s gorgeous splendor and family!  I love when those are the things that touch my kids’ hearts.  As my Mom said, “Family time at the cabin-priceless!!”

No comments: