Friday, March 19, 2010

Reflecting

Today we had chili for lunch.  That meal always brings back memories for me since it was the meal we had our first day  in Sentani.  A lot has happened between then and now.  Here we are three years later.  Of course, we were all younger then, but I know that I was also more naive.   I foolishly thought that I was coming here to help people by imparting my wisdom upon them.  I realize now that I had much to learn as well.  My heart needed to be teachable so that I could see the life lessons in the little things.  And, so that my arms of faith would wrap more tightly around the neck of Jesus.  During our time here, I have seen a creative side of God’s creation that I had never seen before.  I have seen happiness in simplicity, joy in poverty, and love in action all around me.  I have been forced out of my comfort zone and into situations where I quickly realize how much the strength of God is a vital part of my every day.  I need His help.  I have come to that realization more in the past year.  I used to think that I could do a lot on my own.

Think back to what you were doing a year ago today-March 9, 2009.  Have you moved, changed your job situation, learned how to do something you didn’t know how to do before, grown in your faith?  I went back and looked at my day one year ago.  Garth was gone with kids to the pipe and I stayed home with our kids and took a walk, had a picnic, Wyatt made us all spears and we played a game with them.  Fun.  Simple.  Does time fly for you?  I know it does for me.  Before we know it, it will be 2011, and we will wonder where 2010 went.

Next year at this time, I want to be in an even better place, emotionally, physically, spiritually.  Each day is a day of growth and new possibilities.  A chance to start over and learn.

Three months into 2010-make the next 9 amazing!

Love you

Rachel

No comments: